Heads up: OCaml 4.02.2+rc1 coming to Rawhide

Peter Robinson pbrobinson at gmail.com
Tue Jun 16 13:55:29 UTC 2015

>> > I'm going to upload OCaml 4.02.2+rc1 to Rawhide.  Mostly this is lots
>> > and lots of incremental compiler fixes, but there are a few
>> > highlights:
>> >
>> >  - includes libasmrun_shared.so which makes it easier to build plugins
>> >    written in native OCaml (RHBZ#1195025)
>> >
>> >  - fixes an aarch64 codegen bug (RHBZ#1224815)
>> >
>> >  - aarch64 stack traces now work in gdb [but we've been carrying a
>> >    patch for this for a while in 4.02.1, so it's been fixed already in
>> >    Fedora]
>> >
>> > This will break the dependencies of lots of OCaml packages in Rawhide
>> > (probably).  I will run my script to rebuild the ones that need to be
>> > rebuilt.
>>
>> It would be nice if this could be done in a side tag so there isn't a
>> lot of breakage in rawhide and then once it's all built rel-eng can
>> tag them all over to f-23 in a single operation
>
> Well I don't know how to do that, so there we go.  In any case, the

It's the same process used by everyone else for large mass
rebuilds/rebases. You request a sidetag from rel-eng, built it with a
different target and then once you're done rel-eng tags it in so
there's no breakage.

https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Adding_Side_Build_Targets_SOP

> breakage will only last a few days.

Do it the above way so there's no days of breakage for those who wish
to actually use rawhide. All other toolchain groups and large package
groups use this method. It's expected.

Peter