Heads up: OCaml 4.02.2+rc1 coming to Rawhide

Matthew Miller mattdm at fedoraproject.org
Tue Jun 16 15:33:22 UTC 2015

On Tue, Jun 16, 2015 at 02:55:29PM +0100, Peter Robinson wrote:
> > Well I don't know how to do that, so there we go.  In any case, the
> It's the same process used by everyone else for large mass
> rebuilds/rebases. You request a sidetag from rel-eng, built it with a
> different target and then once you're done rel-eng tags it in so
> there's no breakage.
> https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Adding_Side_Build_Targets_SOP
> > breakage will only last a few days.
> Do it the above way so there's no days of breakage for those who wish
> to actually use rawhide. All other toolchain groups and large package
> groups use this method. It's expected.

This isn't immediately useful, but this seems as good a place to insert
it as any: At the rel-eng FAD, Dennis put forth the idea of
automatically detecting this kind of breakage and pulling it into an
automatically-created side tag, which perhaps could even be merged
_back_ automatically when the breakage is fixed.

--
Matthew Miller
<mattdm at fedoraproject.org>