F23 System Wide Change: Default Local DNS Resolver

Tomas Hozza thozza at redhat.com
Wed Jun 17 10:46:08 UTC 2015

On 12.06.2015 16:58, Paul Wouters wrote:
> On Fri, 12 Jun 2015, Matthew Miller wrote:
>
>> Another integration concern: the network config GUI (and ifcfg files,
>> for that matter) let me list specific DNS servers. With this
>> feature, are those used (and if so, how)? If not, is my configuration
>> just silently ignored?
>
> I do not know if it is supported currently, but support for that is
> very trivial. If unbound is found running, issue:
>
>     unbound-control forward_add . 1.2.3.4 5.6.7.8
>
> I'm not sure whose job that would be.
>
> Paul

This should be ideally left to the network configuration software (e.g.
NM). Dnssec-trigger will not touch any forward zones that are already
configured in Unbound and it didn't configured them itself. While
technically this should not be a problem, and everything should work
properly (since forward zones are configured properly), this should be
ideally done only by the dnssec-trigger based on the information passed
by VPN to the NM.

Tomas
--
Tomas Hozza
Software Engineer - EMEA ENG Developer Experience

PGP: 1D9F3C2D
Red Hat Inc.                 http://cz.redhat.com