F23 System Wide Change: Python 3 as Default

Robert Kuska rkuska at redhat.com
Thu Jun 18 13:46:54 UTC 2015

----- Original Message -----

It is written in a scope what does 'default' stands for.
Also from a additional porting POV (packages which ain't covered by scope
and are python2 only) it is important to have stated that the default python
for Fedora is python3 as it will help (a bit at least) as leverage for those
who are reluctant to port their codebase to python3.

After we get this change through we may focus on additional porting in next fedora
releases (new system wide change [if needed] for fedora packaging tools for example)
and again, use the already accepted fact about python3 being the default fedora python.

>From my POV it is very important to keep the 'default' in the change name.

My 2 cents.

> kevin
>
> --