F23 Self Contained Change: Cloud Systemd Networkd

Jan Kurik jkurik at redhat.com
Tue Jun 23 06:34:47 UTC 2015

= Proposed Self Contained Change: Cloud Systemd Networkd =
https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Changes/Cloud_Systemd_Networkd

Change owner(s): Kushal Das <kushaldas at gmail dot com>

We will use systemd-networkd to configure network in Cloud base image.

== Detailed Description ==
systemd-networkd is a system daemon that manages network configurations. It detects and configures network devices as they appear. Cloud base image will use systemd-networkd for its network.

systemd is a default package in Fedora, and we can use its latest feature to control the network configurations. We will remove the hacks we have in the current kickstart file, and use systemd tools for network configuration.

== Scope ==
* Proposal owners: The Cloud base image.
* Other developers: N/A (not a System Wide Change)
* Release engineering: N/A (not a System Wide Change)
* Policies and guidelines: N/A (not a System Wide Change)
* Trademark approval: N/A (not needed for this Change)

--
Jan Kuřík