need rpm help (nothing provides /bin/python)

Reindl Harald h.reindl at thelounge.net
Tue Jun 23 11:25:37 UTC 2015

Am 23.06.2015 um 13:21 schrieb Neal Becker:
> I updated mercurial to mercurial-3.4.1-1 and did a fedpkg push.
>
> Now I tried a local build, and tried to locally install, but I got:
>   sudo dnf install x86_64/*3.4.1*
> [sudo] password for nbecker:
> Last metadata expiration check performed 0:22:21 ago on Tue Jun 23 06:57:18
> 2015.
> Error: nothing provides /bin/python needed by mercurial-3.4.1-1.fc23.x86_64.
> nothing provides /bin/python needed by mercurial-3.4.1-1.fc23.x86_64
>
> Anyone see how to fix this?
>
> Also, can someone please confirm that I correctly took care of
> obsoleting the mercurial-emacs{-el} as per:
>
> https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Packaging:Emacs

i guess that's because Fedora still did not get the UsrMove right and
hence i created a metapackage here to get rid of all that troubles
finally adding every broken package there

[builduser at buildserver:/rpmbuild/SPECS]$ cat lounge-provides.spec
License:   GPL

Provides:  %{_bindir}/perl
Provides:  %{_sbindir}/ldconfig