need rpm help (nothing provides /bin/python)

Jonathan Underwood jonathan.underwood at gmail.com
Tue Jun 23 12:29:41 UTC 2015

On 23 June 2015 at 12:21, Neal Becker <ndbecker2 at gmail.com> wrote:
> Also, can someone please confirm that I correctly took care of
> obsoleting the mercurial-emacs{-el} as per:
>
> https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Packaging:Emacs

Thanks for doing this. I checked the spec file, and the
obsoletes/provides look correct. However it looks like you're missing
a Requires for emacs-filesystem. Also, you should ensure your package
owns %{emacs_lispdir}/mercurial/ (rather than just the files beneath).

Also, I wonder why you're rolling your own macros for emacs_lispdir
etc, rather than using those made available from
/usr/lib/rpm/macros.d/macros.emacs (installed by the emacs-common
package, which will be present during package build, as you BR emacs)
? It doesn't break anything of course.

Cheers,
Jonathan