dnssec-trigger + GNOME + NetworkManager integration

Michael Catanzaro mcatanzaro at gnome.org
Tue Jun 23 19:16:54 UTC 2015

On Tue, 2015-06-23 at 18:43 +0200, Tomas Hozza wrote:
> I hope that GNOME Shell somehow only displays the state provided by
> NM.
> Bastien, please correct me if I'm wrong and please elaborate on the
> details of what the functionality does (e.g. if you launch a new
> browser
> or so).

Yes, that's correct. If NetworkManager's ConnectivityState is
NetworkManager.ConnectivityState.PORTAL, then we launch a small (250
lines of code) GTK+ app with a WebKitWebView [1][2].

I expect that as long as NetworkManager's existing connectivity API is
not broken, GNOME should be fine.

[1] https://git.gnome.org/browse/gnome
-shell/tree/js/ui/status/network.js#n1964
[2]
https://git.gnome.org/browse/gnome-shell/tree/js/portalHelper/main.js