F23 Self Contained Change: npm 2

Jan Kurik jkurik at redhat.com
Tue Jun 23 23:48:58 UTC 2015

= Proposed Self Contained Change: npm 2 =
https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Changes/npm2

Change owner(s): T.C. Hollingsworth <tchollingsworth at gmail dot com>

Fedora 23 features npm 2, the latest version of the package manager for node.js and other JavaScript platforms.

== Detailed Description ==
While npm 2 is a major version number update, it contains little in the way of major changes. The version bump was necessitated by an API change permitting arguments to be passed to scripts executed by `npm run`. Another major change is to the way 0.x.y versions are compared by the semver library used by npm. For more information on all the changes, see the upstream release announcement. There are few end-user facing changes, beyond the addition of a couple features to the CLI.

== Scope ==
* Proposal owners:
  -- Update all of nodejs-* basically
  -- Update npm of course
* Other developers:
  -- I might have to ask a couple other maintainers if they're okay with me updating their packages. They usually are.  :-)
* Release engineering: N/A (not a System Wide Change)
* Policies and guidelines:
  -- Some minor updates to the Node.js guidelines are planned, however they are just Nice To Have for the purposes of this specific change.
* Trademark approval: N/A (not needed for this Change)
--
Jan Kuřík