F23 Self Contained Change: io.js Technology Preview

T.C. Hollingsworth tchollingsworth at gmail.com
Wed Jun 24 19:56:48 UTC 2015

On Wed, Jun 24, 2015 at 1:21 AM, Peter Robinson <pbrobinson at gmail.com> wrote:
> Why are we even bothering with this when io.js is merging back into
> node.js so from what I can see is that io.js won't really be around
> for much longer

That's exactly why we're bothering with it.  Everything in it will be
in the nodejs package someday.  Why not get ready now?

Also, the packaging infrastructure needed to build binary modules
against iojs and nodejs will also make nodejs010/nodejs012 split
packaging possible in EPEL, so a lot of the work needed to get this
done is going to be done sooner or later anyway...

-T.C.