how do I diagnose dnssec/unbound issues?

Paul Wouters paul at nohats.ca
Sat Jun 27 13:21:10 UTC 2015

Try using unbound-host which uses the same configuration file?

Otherwise grep the logs for unbound or possibly increase verbosity to 2 or 3 in the conf file.

If it happens again and you are comfortable with it, you can run unbound-control dump to get the full DNS cache which could tell what's going on. But you have to make it at the time of failure before TTLs expire.

You can also try : unbound-control flush for a quick fix.

Sent from my iPhone