F23 Self Contained Change: Astronomy Spin

Corey Leong cleong at fedoraproject.org
Sun Jun 28 23:13:18 UTC 2015

A "Fedora for Citizen Scientists" spin may be confused with my spin in
development, Fedora Netizen, a portmanteau of internet and citizen. Suggest
sticking with Fedora Astronomy or as an alternative, Fedora Space, for
reducing any confusion between the two spins.

On Sat, Jun 27, 2015 at 12:38 PM, M. Edward (Ed) Borasky <znmeb at znmeb.net>
wrote:

> Seems like the easiest path would be to make sure all the astronomy
> packages land on the Science / KDE spin that already exists and do a
> lot of marketing / blogging / etc. to a targeted group of "citizen
> astronomers". For that matter, maybe their should be a rebranding of
> the spin as "Fedora for Citizen Scientists".
>
> On Sat, Jun 27, 2015 at 6:45 AM, Jonathan Wakely <jwakely at redhat.com>
> wrote:
> > On 26/06/15 15:11 -0600, Chris Murphy wrote:
> >>
> >> What about a Scientific & Astronomy spin? Looks like Scientific uses
> >> KDE though, *shrug*.
> >

> > I thought the point is that basing Astronomy on KDE is preferable, so
> > that's a Good Thing, surely?
> >
> > --
>

> --
> OSJourno: Robust Power Tools for Digital Journalists
>
> http://www.znmeb.mobi/stories/osjourno-robust-power-tools-for-digital-journalists
>
> Remember, if you're traveling to Bactria, Hump Day is Tuesday and Thursday.
> --

Corey Leong, M.N.M., M.A.*
PO Box 691871
Orlando, FL 32869