Best practice for latest package in COPR?

Miroslav Suchý msuchy at redhat.com
Mon Jun 29 06:39:16 UTC 2015

Dne 29.6.2015 v 06:13 Dave Johansen napsal(a):
> I would like to start providing the latest version of ODB in a COPR for stable releases of Fedora and RHEL. Is there a
> "best practice" for this sort of thing?
>
> The main question I have is:
> Is it "better" to use a single repo and continue to update it with the latest release?
> Or is it better to have a repo for version 2.4 and then a separate one for when 2.5 comes out?

It'is really up to you.
It depends what you want to "support".

It can be that you have project with latest stable version for all platforms (Fedora and Epel) so you provide 2.4
version where in distribution is "just" 2.4. And then another project with nightly builds.
This is what *I* would choose. So your users can choose their level of stability vs bleeding edge.

--
Miroslav Suchy, RHCA