F23 System Wide Change: jQuery

Vít Ondruch vondruch at redhat.com
Mon Jun 29 13:54:02 UTC 2015

Dne 29.6.2015 v 13:18 Stef Walter napsal(a):
> 1. How will compatibility issues be handled? In the case of Cockpit,
> jQuery forms part of our future plugin API guarantees.
>
> The web application loses control of its dependencies, which normally
> form a intimate part of the app. How much bandwidth do you have to
> handle such bug reports?

If the webapp is packaged for Fedora, then you can precisely specify
version of jQuery you depend on. Although it does not necessarily
prevent breakage, you'll be notified about broken dependency that way.
Of course update of jQuery can also be synchronized or done in side tag
to prevent such broken dependencies.

Vít