dnssec-trigger + GNOME + NetworkManager integration

Tomas Hozza thozza at redhat.com
Tue Jun 30 12:38:35 UTC 2015

On 30.06.2015 14:11, Bastien Nocera wrote:

> [...]

I would not like GNOME to track anything network related. I think NM is
good place for tracking network configuration. We don't want GNOME to
track anything, but rather to provide UI for tools that are tracking the
state.

>> But making the user decide (or showing them a message) every time they
>> connect to such networks is not the way to go.
>
> Exactly, cf. "which firewall zone is this network in" discussions of yesteryear.

I don't think we are interested in such discussion, since we don't think
it is a good idea to expect regular users to do security related decisions.

Tomas