F23 Self Contained Change: Standardized Passphrase Policy

Michael Catanzaro mcatanzaro at gnome.org
Tue Jun 30 13:36:09 UTC 2015

> I understand that as a request to write some simple how-to-use
> document
> for libpwquality and not a request to drop it altogether and use
> instead ... what?
>
> Note also that libpwquality is highly configurable and for things
> that
> can not be configured currently a configuration can be easily added.

We discussed this a while back in the Workstation WG [1]. We'd be happy
with libpwquality if we could configure it to allow weaker passwords
than pwquality.conf currently allows for. This feedback was supposed to
make it to you, but I'm not sure if that happened; we don't track
action items as well as we should.

Michael

[1] http://meetbot.fedoraproject.org/fedora-meeting/2015-04
-01/workstation.2015-04-01-15.00.log.html