dnssec-trigger + GNOME + NetworkManager integration

Michael Catanzaro mcatanzaro at gnome.org
Tue Jun 30 14:07:37 UTC 2015

On Tue, 2015-06-30 at 11:24 +0200, Tomas Hozza wrote:
> The thing is that some information are unrelated to NM. There is no
> reason to push all information back to NetworkManager, since its role
> is
> explicitly defined - manage network connections and leave the DNS
> resolution and configuration up to different tool.

I'm not sure I agree with that, from a desktop developer perspective.
It's very convenient for GNOME (and probably also KDE) for
NetworkManager to be the one-stop shop for network management. It
already allows you to configure DNS anyway (in GNOME, under Network ->
hidden gear menu in the lower right -> IPv4 or IPv6) so there has to be
some level of integration to keep that working.