RFC: Audacious 3.6 build options

Dan Fruehauf malkodan at gmail.com
Sun Mar 1 22:20:07 UTC 2015

Michael,

Thanks for sharing that.

I think it'd be the best to go with the flow. That is, use the QT GUI. In
the long run I think it is best to avoid maintaining multiple packages. I
haven't seen the new QT GUI to be honest, it might be ugly, but still :)

Perhaps if there is too much rage about it, we can maintain also an
audacious gtk2 version (or someone else can :). I'd advise against it
though. Maybe we should open it to the devel list?

Is it possible to compile audacious on its own and then supply gtk3 and qt
packages on top of it? Sounds like it might be difficult to maintain such a
thing.

Cheers,
Dan.