Yum-utils and DNF

Michael Mraka michael.mraka at redhat.com
Mon Mar 2 13:55:31 UTC 2015

Hi developers,

I'm trying to finish port of yum-utils scritps to DNF and I came across
couple of scripts I'm not sure whether they are just legacy stuff or
someone still uses them.  Do you need them? If so raise your voice and
tell us your use case so we can find the best way to support it.

I'm talking about:

show-changed-rco, show-installed - just a different dependency list formats,
       anyone uses it?

yum-groups-manager, verifytree - these are not client tool but rather repo group
        manipulation and checks so if needed at all they should be better a part
        of createrepo or similar package (librepo?)

Thanks for your feedback,

--
Michael Mráka
Software Management Engineering, Red Hat