FESCo Meeting Minutes (2015-03-04)

Adam Jackson ajax at redhat.com
Thu Mar 5 15:41:11 UTC 2015

> Adam Jackson wrote:
> > * #1412 anaconda password change is causing consternation among the user
> >   community please review this policy decision  (ajax, 18:24:10)
> >   * AGREED: FESCo would like anaconda to turn back on the "double-done"
> >     option for Fedora 22.
>
> Thanks!
>
> >     Better solutions should be investigated for F23.  (ajax, 18:43:33)
>
> What better solutions? What password I pick should be none of the
> installer's business.

False.  It's entirely reasonable for a product to mandate an appropriate
security policy, so until and unless we move account creation entirely
to firstboot, it's something the installer will have to expose.

> If the real issue is remote logins, then we need to just disable remote
> password logins by default (i.e., allow SSH keys only by default). For local
> logins, even the empty string is a reasonable password under some setups.

Hey look, you just proposed better solutions.  How about assuming good
faith in the future?  It'd be a nice change of pace, and I think we'd
all appreciate a more respectful and collaborative environment.

- ajax