Minutes from Env-and-Stacks WG meeting (2015-03-05)

Honza Horak hhorak at redhat.com
Thu Mar 5 20:17:54 UTC 2015

#fedora-meeting-2: Env and Stacks (2015-03-05)

Meeting started by hhorak at 18:04:57 UTC. The full logs are available
at
http://meetbot.fedoraproject.org/fedora-meeting-2/2015-03-05/env-and-stacks.2015-03-05-18.04.log.html
.

Meeting summary
---------------
* Dockerfiles recommended tips, dockerlint and WebUI  (hhorak, 18:06:21)
   * dockerfile_lint and dockerfile packaging guidelines make sense to be
     kept together  (hhorak, 18:15:13)
   * LINK: https://github.com/redhataccess/dockerfile_lint   (hhorak,
     18:15:13)
   * IDEA: run dockerfile_lint somewhere publically (fedora infra or
     rhcloud until it is ready in fedora infra)  (hhorak, 18:16:08)
   * ACTION: all to look at dockerfile_lint to see if it is capable to
     accommodate all the guidelines or we need to have them beside; get
     more of the rules; and checking it's abilities in terms of
     Dockerfile creation so that we can file some feature requests
     (hhorak, 18:58:11)
   * DA will do something much more interesting stuff in terms of
     creating dockerfiles.. the linter just lets you write a dockerfile
     on the web with a bit of feedback on best practices  (hhorak,
     18:58:58)
   * ACTION: langdon to try handle dockerfile_lint moving to project
     atomic.. somehow...  (hhorak, 19:01:01)

Meeting ended at 19:02:28 UTC.

Action Items
------------
* all to look at dockerfile_lint to see if it is capable to accommodate
   all the guidelines or we need to have them beside; get more of the
   rules; and checking it's abilities in terms of Dockerfile creation so
   that we can file some feature requests
* langdon to try handle dockerfile_lint moving to project atomic..
   somehow...

Action Items, by person
-----------------------
* langdon
   * langdon to try handle dockerfile_lint moving to project atomic..
     somehow...
* **UNASSIGNED**
   * all to look at dockerfile_lint to see if it is capable to
     accommodate all the guidelines or we need to have them beside; get
     more of the rules; and checking it's abilities in terms of
     Dockerfile creation so that we can file some feature requests

People Present (lines said)
---------------------------
* hhorak (50)
* phracek (49)