Lots of emails about `pkgdb created branch 'f21' ...'

Kevin Fenzi kevin at scrye.com
Fri Mar 6 15:08:58 UTC 2015

On Fri, 6 Mar 2015 13:48:26 +0000
"Richard W.M. Jones" <rjones at redhat.com> wrote:

> The other one was:
>
>   Subject: pkgdb created branch 'el6' for the 'mingw-zlib' package
>
> But actually I think that was is correct, since that branch *was*
> created a little earlier than the email.

Yeah, so the problem is that our script looks for branch heads in
git/refs/heads/ which is fine, but git helpfully 'packs' this stuff if
it decides it's a good idea. It did this for the libguestfs repo. ;(

So, we need to adjust our script to run git show-refs --heads instead
of just looking in the directory.

Oh, as a side note, I see you updated f20 branch, but not f21? Was
that intentional? The upgrade path is broken by that...

kevin