FESCo Meeting Minutes (2015-03-04)

Stephen John Smoogen smooge at gmail.com
Fri Mar 6 18:07:52 UTC 2015

On 6 March 2015 at 10:13, Chris Murphy <lists at colorremedies.com> wrote:

> On Fri, Mar 6, 2015 at 7:15 AM, Adam Jackson <ajax at redhat.com> wrote:
>
> > So this entire thing is about you reading as a verb something clearly
> > syntactically an adjective?   I'm not sure how I can respond to that.
>

> Do you acknowledge it's a historical fact that the user password for a
> local device has been exclusively user domain? If no, give
> counterfactual examples.

You need to dial back the dialogue a bit. The original email came across as
an out of control rant that lost me after the third sentence. If instead of
trying to win "Flame of the Day" award and being less metaphorical and more
factual.. it might go a long way to having a conversation versus a man and
a soap box in a park.

> You said a product can properly mandate otherwise. Where does the
> authority or sanction come from to do this? Just by saying it is so,
> and then just by doing it?

It is a two way street. You own the device. They make the OS. Each is their
own 'ball' if I am using your original metaphor appropriately. Each sees
the other as the field the ball gets played on. If you don't like the field
that your ball is playing on you are free to ask for something to be
changed. If it doesn't get changed you can go find another field to play
on. And vice versa.

I am not saying this is the best way to handle things, but when everyone
seems that the only way to communicate is jumping up and down on a soap box
claiming the other side is completely in the wrong.. "how to handle things
better" has long been thrown out.

> --
> Chris Murphy
> --