FESCO request to revert password confirmation change in F22

Mike Chambers mike at mtchambers.com
Fri Mar 6 22:32:00 UTC 2015

On Fri, 2015-03-06 at 15:14 -0600, Michael Catanzaro wrote:
> On Fri, 2015-03-06 at 12:00 -0700, Kevin Fenzi wrote:
> > * The workstation folks think this change could drive away some of
> >   their potential users for not much gain. In their case, sshd is not
> >   enabled/running and additional security for a device that sits in
> >   your home isn't worth the additional complexity.
>
> Regarding Workstation: I don't think it provides any additional safety,
> TBH. I see two cases:

I don't care of have a password strength, maybe like 8 characters and
one being a number, should be enough.  But they made it so strong, and
no information at all on what the problem was, nor info on minimum it
took to create one.

That and, guess I missed those millions of emails that complained on
passwords getting cracked and stolen from all the linux computers in the
world, that had to all of a sudden cause a panic to strengthen passwords
in the installer.

--
Mike Chambers
Madisonville, KY