Is there a process for requesting packaging?

gil puntogil at libero.it
Sun Mar 8 16:42:31 UTC 2015

Il 08/03/2015 04:03, Pete Travis ha scritto:

> On Mar 7, 2015 6:15 AM, "Kevin Fenzi" <kevin at scrye.com
> <mailto:kevin at scrye.com>> wrote:
> >
> > On Sat, 07 Mar 2015 10:53:27 +0100
> > fedora at activityworkshop.net <mailto:fedora at activityworkshop.net> wrote:
> >
> > > Hi list,
> > >
> > > I'm an upstream developer and I'm unfamiliar with the Fedora
> > > processes, so my apologies if I'm asking obvious questions or asking
> > > in the wrong place!
> >
> > Not at all. This is a fine place. ;)
> >
> > > I've seen lots of pages about how to become a Fedora packager, and
> > > the processes for reviewing packages, but I haven't yet found
> > > anything suggesting how I could go about _requesting_ whether an
> > > already experienced Fedora packager might like to adopt another
> > > package.  Is there such a thing, or is the only option that I dive
> > > into learning how to do it myself?
> >
> > There is a generic 'wishlist':
> > https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Package_maintainers_wishlist
> >
> > But as you can see from looking at it, its kind of a big dumping ground
> > of anything anyone anytime thought might be nice to have packaged. ;)
> >
> > > To be specific, I would be interested in submitting the GPL2 java
> > > application "GpsPrune" for inclusion.  It's already in Debian, so
> > > maybe that's a good starting point.  And there are unofficial rpms in
> > > OpenSuse, which may also be helpful.  There are only a small number
> > > of dependencies, most of which are optional, and I would be more than
> > > happy to help from my side to tweak things if necessary.
> > >
> > > I believe that if there were packagers who had already created
> > > packages for java applications, and were willing to take on another
> > > one, it would take orders of magnitude less effort than if I were to
> > > try to do it myself and ask for it to be reviewed.  Is there a way to
> > > submit a request for packaging?
> >
> > I'd suggest mailing the Fedora Java sig:
> >
> > You may also get some interest here in further replies. ;)
> >
> > Hope that helps,
> >
> > kevin
> >

> > --
>
> The GIS SIG might be interested in this too.  There's no dedicated
> will lead you to #fedora-gis and a list of names, at least.
>
> --Pete

hi
i prepared java3d spec file, GpsPrune's dependency
but seem do not build/support ARM arch (rawhide)
  [exec] DrawingSurfaceObjectAWT.o:(.ARM.exidx+0x0): undefined reference
to `__aeabi_unwind_cpp_pr0'
  [exec] Canvas3D.o:(.ARM.exidx+0x18): undefined reference to
`__aeabi_unwind_cpp_pr0'
  [exec] Canvas3D.o:(.ARM.exidx+0x80): undefined reference to
`__aeabi_unwind_cpp_pr1'
  [exec] GraphicsContext3D.o:(.ARM.exidx+0x0): undefined reference to
`__aeabi_unwind_cpp_pr1'
  [exec] NativeScreenInfo.o:(.ARM.exidx+0x0): undefined reference to
`__aeabi_unwind_cpp_pr0'
  [exec] NativeConfigTemplate3D.o:(.ARM.exidx+0x0): undefined reference
to `__aeabi_unwind_cpp_pr0'
  [exec] GeometryArrayRetained.o:(.ARM.exidx+0x0): undefined reference
to `__aeabi_unwind_cpp_pr0'
  [exec] GeometryArrayRetained.o:(.ARM.exidx+0x60): undefined reference
to `__aeabi_unwind_cpp_pr1'
  [exec] Attributes.o:(.ARM.exidx+0x0): undefined reference to
`__aeabi_unwind_cpp_pr0'
  [exec] Attributes.o:(.ARM.exidx+0x8): undefined reference to
`__aeabi_unwind_cpp_pr1'
  [exec] CgShaderProgram.o:(.ARM.exidx+0x0): undefined reference to
`__aeabi_unwind_cpp_pr0'
  [exec] GLSLShaderProgram.o:(.ARM.exidx+0x0): undefined reference to
`__aeabi_unwind_cpp_pr0'
  [exec] Lights.o:(.ARM.exidx+0x0): undefined reference to
`__aeabi_unwind_cpp_pr1'
  [exec] Result: 1
any ideas?
regards