Changes in the f22 workstation

Vít Ondruch vondruch at redhat.com
Mon Mar 9 11:31:51 UTC 2015

Dne 20.2.2015 v 22:09 Matthias Clasen napsal(a):
> I wanted to give a heads-up to the wider audience about a number of
> workstation changes that are landing in the f22 branch (and rawhide)
> this week, in time for the alpha freeze next week:
>
> - The message tray at the bottom is gone, notifications are now shown
> at the top, and can be reviewed in the calendar popup (
> https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Changes/GnomeShell_NewNotifications)

Unfortunately, this is rather half baked, especially the Empathy
integration. Why I can reply just to notifications which are just on the
screen? Why I can't reply to notifications, which are already "hidden"
in calendar popup? Moreover, once there is empathy notification, it is
not obvious if next message arrived or not. I quite often miss new
messages now :(

Vít