Pidgin Lync-collab COPR

David Woodhouse dwmw2 at infradead.org
Mon Mar 9 12:14:25 UTC 2015

I have created a COPR at
https://copr.fedoraproject.org/coprs/dwmw2/pidgin3-sipe/

This contains the work that has been done by Tieto to add media
encryption, file transfer and screen sharing to pidgin-sipe, from:
    https://github.com/tieto/pidgin and
    https://github.com/tieto/sipe

They've been doing an excellent job of developing this "upstream first",
so most of the updated dependencies are already in Fedora or are
upstream and just waiting for us to update. I've already pushed updates
to F21 updates-testing for the gstreamer1-plugins packages and freerdp,
and will potentially do libnice and farstream02 soon.

The biggest issue has been Pidgin itself, which is utterly painful to
get patches into — I've *just* managed to commit the in-call DTMF
support that has been kicking around for about 4 years! And obviously
there are outstanding patches to pidgin-sipe which can't go upstream
until Pidgin exports the new APIs they depend on.

Aside from trying to chase the outstanding patches into Pidgin 3, I'm
also I'm going to take a look at what it would take to backport them to
Pidgin 2 (starting with farstream02/gstreamer1 support which doesn't
look that hard), and then I might make my COPR based on that instead.

In the meantime though, any additional testing would be welcome...

--
dwmw2