Is there a process for requesting packaging?

fedora at activityworkshop.net fedora at activityworkshop.net
Mon Mar 9 19:40:18 UTC 2015

On Mar 7, 2015 6:15 AM, "Kevin Fenzi" <kevin at scrye.com> wrote:
> There is a generic 'wishlist':
> https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Package_maintainers_wishlist

Brilliant, thanks for the link.  That is indeed what I was looking for,
but I didn't think the list would be _quite_ that long!  Wow, it seems
there's no shortage of package requests already.

Il 08/03/2015 04:03, Pete Travis ha scritto:
> The GIS SIG might be interested in this too.  There's no dedicated
> mailing list that I'm aware of, but http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/GIS
> will lead you to #fedora-gis and a list of names, at least.

Fantastic!  Why didn't I find that SIG myself I wonder.  Thanks.  And I
can see that the package I'm talking about is already listed in the
'wishlist' on there, so that means that the people who I was hoping to
ask already know my question :)

Il 09/03/2015 10:38, Xavier Bachelot ha scritto:
> FYI, there is already an ongoing review for java3d :
Oh, that's a little discouraging.  Nearly three years old and nobody
working on it.  Like you I assumed that if Debian were happy with it
then so would most other groups!

Well, for me java3d is only optional at runtime, but unfortunately it's
a requirement at build time.  It would be _possible_ to prepare a source
tar without any java3d capability, but I'm not sure that's the right way
to go.

Thanks for all your replies, it's really helpful.