Schedule for Wednesday's FESCo Meeting (2015-03-11)

Tomas Hozza thozza at redhat.com
Wed Mar 11 19:01:30 UTC 2015

On 03/10/2015 04:06 PM, Tomas Hozza wrote:
> Following is the list of topics that will be discussed in the FESCo
> meeting Wednesday at 18:00UTC in #fedora-meeting on irc.freenode.net.
>
> To convert UTC to your local time, take a look at
>   http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/UTCHowto
>
> or run:
>   date -d '2015-03-11 18:00 UTC'
>

> Links to all tickets below can be found at:
> https://fedorahosted.org/fesco/report/9
>
> = Followups =
>
> #topic #1412 anaconda password change is causing consternation among the user
> community please review this policy decision
> .fesco 1412
> https://fedorahosted.org/fesco/ticket/1412
>
> = New business =
>
> #topic #1420 policy change: admins (non-POC) should be able to retire packages
> .fesco 1420
> https://fedorahosted.org/fesco/ticket/1420
>
> #topic #1421 FESCO Decision on COPR/Playground in GNOME Software
> .fesco 1421
> https://fedorahosted.org/fesco/ticket/1421
>
> = Open Floor =
>
> For more complete details, please visit each individual ticket.  The
> report of the agenda items can be found at
> https://fedorahosted.org/fesco/report/9
>
> If you would like to add something to this agenda, you can reply to
> this e-mail, file a new ticket at https://fedorahosted.org/fesco,
> e-mail me directly, or bring it up at the end of the meeting, during
> the open floor topic. Note that added topics may be deferred until
> the following meeting.

===================================
#fedora-meeting: FESCO (2015-03-11)
===================================

Meeting started by thozza at 18:01:28 UTC. The full logs are available
at
http://meetbot.fedoraproject.org/fedora-meeting/2015-03-11/fesco.2015-03-11-18.01.log.html
.

Meeting summary
---------------
* init process  (thozza, 18:01:28)

* #1412 anaconda password change is causing consternation among the user
  community please review this policy decision  (thozza, 18:03:37)
  * LINK: http://pkgs.fedoraproject.org/cgit/anaconda.git/log/?h=f22 has
    last commit 7 days ago  (mitr, 18:08:11)
  * ACTION: thozza to file a beta blocker bug for anaconda to get back
    to double-click for weak passwords  (thozza, 18:12:39)
  * the proposal in the ticket is outdated since the alpha is already
    out. The change should go into beta.  (thozza, 18:12:56)
  * ACTION: nirik to start a wiki page for discussion around the overall
    password policy  (thozza, 18:15:36)

* #1420 policy change: admins (non-POC) should be able to retire
  packages  (thozza, 18:16:07)
  * AGREED: Allow also package admins to retire the package (+7, 0, -1)
    (thozza, 18:17:45)

* #1421 FESCO Decision on COPR/Playground in GNOME Software  (thozza,
  18:18:07)
  * AGREED: FESCo agrees with changes proposed in
    https://fedorahosted.org/fesco/ticket/1421#comment:0 (+7, 0, -1)
    (thozza, 18:44:34)

* Next week's chair  (thozza, 18:44:50)
  * ACTION: sgallagh to update the Third_Party_Repos wiki page
    (sgallagh, 18:47:26)
  * nirik to chair next week's meeting  (thozza, 18:47:43)

* Open Floor  (thozza, 18:47:52)
  * Password policy wiki page started at
    https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/User:Kevin/Draft_Passwordpolicy
    (thozza, 18:51:07)

Meeting ended at 18:58:43 UTC.

Action Items
------------
* thozza to file a beta blocker bug for anaconda to get back to
  double-click for weak passwords
* nirik to start a wiki page for discussion around the overall password
  policy
* sgallagh to update the Third_Party_Repos wiki page

Action Items, by person
-----------------------
* nirik
  * nirik to start a wiki page for discussion around the overall
    password policy
* sgallagh
  * sgallagh to update the Third_Party_Repos wiki page
* thozza
  * thozza to file a beta blocker bug for anaconda to get back to
    double-click for weak passwords
* **UNASSIGNED**
  * (none)

People Present (lines said)