libdwarf build failure with hardened builds

Tom Hughes tom at compton.nu
Thu Mar 12 08:46:28 UTC 2015

Does anybody have any clue what's going on here:

   https://kojipkgs.fedoraproject.org//work/tasks/8137/9208137/build.log

It's an update to libdwarf, but the actual cause appears to be that it
doesn't like the new hardened build options. It's a glibc symbol that it
seems to be complaing about though:

   /usr/bin/ld: dwgetopt.o: relocation R_386_GOTOFF against undefined
symbol `optopt@@GLIBC_2.0' can not be used when making a shared object

The dwgetopt.o file appears to have been been correctly build with the
hardening flags:

   gcc  -O2 -g -pipe -Wall -Werror=format-security
-Wp,-D_FORTIFY_SOURCE=2 -fexceptions -fstack-protector-strong
--param=ssp-buffer-size=4 -grecord-gcc-switches
-specs=/usr/lib/rpm/redhat/redhat-hardened-cc1 -m32 -march=i686
-mtune=atom -fasynchronous-unwind-tables -I. -I. -I./../libdwarf
-DCONFPREFIX=/usr/local/lib  -c ./dwgetopt.c

Tom

--
Tom Hughes (tom at compton.nu)
http://compton.nu/