Harden_all_packages_with_position-independent_code + guile modules

Till Maas opensource at till.name
Thu Mar 12 17:48:21 UTC 2015

On Thu, Mar 12, 2015 at 05:26:43PM +0000, Tom Hughes wrote:

> Well I haven't figured out how to fix libdwarf (see message this morning)
> nor do I have any idea what I should do next to try and figure it out.
>
> So unless I ignore the "rawhide first" rule it seems I can't update that for
> F22 until the mass rebuild which might apparently fix it in rawhide.
>
> Alternatively I can disable hardened builds, but I assumed that needed
> permission from somebody...

Sorry that this was not clear. You can go ahead and disable the check
for now. According to my memory it is in general permitted to adjust the
build flags if there are important reasons for this. It would be great
if you can try to include the PIE build flags if only the "-z now"
build flag is causing problems. Btw. why are you setting the CFLAGS
manually before running %configure? %configure should already take care
of them.

Regards
Till