DNF and mock

Michael Schwendt mschwendt at gmail.com
Sun Mar 15 13:38:25 UTC 2015

On Thu, 22 Jan 2015 15:15:48 +0100, Miroslav Suchý wrote:

> I just spoke with two members of DNF team about default usage of DNF in mock. I would like to share outcomes of this
> meeting.
>
> First I would like to state that you can already optionally use DNF in your mock by setting:
>   config_opts['package_manager'] = 'dnf'

I've switched back to Yum for now.

> I expect that we will be building Fedora 22- always by yum due to short Fedora life cycle. Yum will be still present in
> Fedora 24 for sure.

Is DNF within Mock a fully compatible replacement for Yum yet?
It seems builds take much longer now since something's downloading
(or redownloading?) lots of data for each build job before setting
up the buildroot. I don't have much time to look into it, bug shouldn't
Mock's buildroot cache files be fresh enough to avoid redownloading
packages, for example?