ImageMagick update to 6.9.0-9. So-name bump: libMagick++-6.Q16.so.3 -> libMagick++-6.Q16.so.6

Michael Schwendt mschwendt at gmail.com
Sun Mar 15 13:57:42 UTC 2015

On Tue, 10 Mar 2015 14:49:28 +0100, Ralf Corsepius wrote:

> Right now, many issues/problems are interacting and affecting packages
> simultanously, which occasionally render fixing these issues quite
> complicated.
>
> So far I've hit:
> - GCC-5.0
> - "Hardening"
> - boost upgrade
> - ImageMagick
> - autotool upgrade.
>
> Openly said, the situation on f23 is a mess.

Agreed. People run into failed builds, find out that a lib needs a rebuild
because of GCC C++ ABI issues. After the rebuild, runtime linking fails for
other dependencies, and they need a rebuild, too. This is non-trivial (and
dangerous) for larger dep-chains in the distribution. I'm also not sure how
many packagers even run Rawhide instead of F22 testing.