F22 Self Contained Change: Disabled Repositories Support

Ralf Corsepius rc040203 at freenet.de
Mon Mar 16 16:50:29 UTC 2015

On 03/16/2015 05:26 PM, Josh Boyer wrote:

> On Mar 16, 2015 12:23 PM, "Ralf Corsepius" <rc040203 at freenet.de
> <mailto:rc040203 at freenet.de>> wrote:
>  >
>  > On 03/16/2015 04:49 PM, Dennis Gilmore wrote:
>  >>
>  >> On Monday, March 16, 2015 04:36:40 PM Ralf Corsepius wrote:
>  >>>
>  >>> On 03/16/2015 03:52 PM, Jaroslav Reznik wrote:
>  >>>>
>  >>>> This feature aims to reduce the technical hurdles for users and
> developers
>  >>>> to locate software packaged for a distribution, but which needs to be
>  >>>> clearly identified as not officially included (or possibly
> sanctioned) by
>  >>>> that distribution.
>  >>>
>  >>>
>  >>> Does this mean Fedora is going to ship repository configs for these
>  >>> "unpronounceable repos".
>  >>>
>  >>> In the past we had been told this wasn't possible for legal reasons.
>  >>>
>  >>> Ralf
>  >>
>  >>
>  >> No that is not going to happen, the repos in Question are copr repos
>  >
>  >
>  > OK, in this case, I do not see any sense in this request - It's a
> waste of time and resources.
>
> The work is already done and has no impact on the wider package
> maintainer set.
This only means you already wasted time and resources.

>  The Change is simply informational.
a) This change impacts users, while these COPRs are not useful to them.
b) According to Mr. Gallagher, these COPRs and this change serve to
establish his vision of a 2-class society - Sorry, but you don't really
want to know what I think of this.