F22 Self Contained Change: Disabled Repositories Support

Mike Pinkerton pselists at mindspring.com
Mon Mar 16 17:48:16 UTC 2015

On 16 Mar 2015, at 12:57, Josh Boyer wrote:

>> a) This change impacts users, while these COPRs are not useful to
>> them.
>
> There are no COPR repo files that are installed by default today,
> which means none of them use this mechanism yet.  Which means there is
> literally no change for any user at this time.  As I said, the Change
> is informational.
>
> If such repo files are installed by default, it will be at the
> discretion of the various Working Groups not the Change proposer.

Why would an official "product" want to endorse "unofficial" repos?

If the working group deems the software to be that useful, wouldn't
it be better to bring its packaging up to the quality of the
"official" Fedora repo, and make it more easily discoverable by all
Fedora users, regardless of whether they choose to use that "product"
or a spin or a "non-product" install of Fedora?

Just asking what the thinking is here ...

--
Mike