F22 Self Contained Change: Disabled Repositories Support

Michael Catanzaro mcatanzaro at gnome.org
Mon Mar 16 21:11:18 UTC 2015

On Mon, 2015-03-16 at 15:25 -0400, Stephen Gallagher wrote:
> Other examples might be preview releases of certain software that are
> not yet stable enough to be in Fedora proper or whose installation
> might be too disruptive during a stable lifecycle. Like for example
> the recent GNOME 3.12 repositories for Fedora 20 users since we had
> the long cycle.

This is a bad example IMO. We are not set up to handle coprs that
include essential system packages. If you try to remove the gnome-3.12
copr with gnome-software, it just uninstalls your desktop environment
and leaves you with a broken computer.

Installing a single application that's not in Fedora from a copr is one
thing, or a newer version of an application, but not if they are core
system packages.