DNF and mock

Michael Schwendt mschwendt at gmail.com
Mon Mar 16 22:56:03 UTC 2015

On Mon, 16 Mar 2015 12:32:41 +0100, Michael Šimáček wrote:

> Configurations shipped with current mock have keepcache=1 by default, so
> the redownloading shouldn't happen if you have yum_cache enabled. But if
> you use different configs than the default ones, you'll need to adjust
> the config manually.

It's the default with a local buildroot override repo added (cost=0 and
metadata_expire=0). That has worked flawlessly for several years.

I've tried to take a look at it a few times with extra Mock runs. The "dnf
update" step for the Rawhide build target has been choking while downloading
metadata from very slow mirrors as well as downloading up to 176 packages
before the builddeps step. For every build job. When I interrupted everything
and restarted from scratch, it repopulated the buildroot cache and did not
download any updates anymore for subsequent build jobs. I'm puzzled. Could it
be that we've been assigned to a semi-broken set of rawhide mirrors for
some time?