F22 Self Contained Change: Disabled Repositories Support

Miroslav Suchý msuchy at redhat.com
Wed Mar 18 12:57:40 UTC 2015

On 03/18/2015 12:55 PM, Peter Robinson wrote:
> How are "disabled repositories" going to be approved for inclusion?

While you likely meant political meaning of "how", I would like share how it will be done technically.

Approximately 6 months ago Env&Stack wanted to have "Playground repository", which would be set of Copr repositories.
Something guaranteed to meet legal requirements, something with sufficient quality. Copr already have this attribute for
every project and admins of Copr can set/unset this flag.
You can already enable those repositories by:
  dnf playground enable
if you have dnf-plugins-core. Unfortunately this set is currently empty :)

Half a year ago the blocker for Env&Stack was that Copr can not sign packages. Copr can do that for few weeks now and I
notified Env&Stack so they can continue on they work on Playground repository.

This is IMO ideal candidate for disabled repositories with enabled metadata.

I am not sure how to deliver those disable repositories though. But that is likely for different discussion.

--
Miroslav Suchy, RHCE, RHCDS