F22 Self Contained Change: Disabled Repositories Support

Matěj Cepl mcepl at cepl.eu
Fri Mar 20 08:59:40 UTC 2015

On 2015-03-17, 15:51 GMT, Richard Hughes wrote:
> On 17 March 2015 at 15:35, Miloslav Trmač <mitr at redhat.com> wrote:
>> Wait, the metadata download and search code is not shared?  What would it take to make it so?
>
> No. The dnf code is in python and the libhif code is in C.

Sorry, I am just a stupid idiot writing in one of those hated
interpreted languages, but what in the world has format of data
to do with the language the program which consumes them is
written in?

>> /me wonders how many unicorns and kittens will have to die before we get rid of all this dupli^Wtriplication.
>
><rant>Perhaps, when we stop writing low level tools with specific
> latency requirements in interpreted languages...

????? Or perhaps when the rising sea overflows the city of
Venice? What’s the realtionship between the interpreted
languages and said duplication? (Not mentioning of course that
substantial part of dnf uses C libraries underneath)

Completely confused ....

Matěj

Science is meaningless because it gives no answer to our
question, the only question important to us: ``What shall we do
and how shall we live?''
    -- Lev Nikolaevich Tolstoy