/boot on Btrfs still not supported, main problem is anaconda and grubby

Chris Murphy lists at colorremedies.com
Fri Mar 20 19:06:08 UTC 2015

On Fri, Mar 20, 2015 at 11:26 AM, Josef Bacik <josef at toxicpanda.com> wrote:
> Seems like it's easier to just ditch grubby than patch it, if it takes
> years to merge patches to provide simple functionality that other
> distro's already have then we just need to drop it and go with some
> other solution.  Thanks,

Linux has more bootloaders, distro derivatives (made mutually
incompatible for sport), and configuration file formats than you and I
both have fingers and toes. I can count Microsoft and Apple total for
all device categories on one hand.

Grubby is effectively the marriage counselor for this bootloader
insane asylum we have on Linux. So I don't actually think it's easier
to ditch grubby unless there's political will to pick one bootloader.
One configuration file format. And a handful of supported bootable
layouts. And also get FESCo a 12 month supply of earplugs to help
avoid the ensuing ire of users whose favorite nutty layout is no
longer supported.

--
Chris Murphy