/boot on Btrfs still not supported, main problem is anaconda and grubby

Chris Murphy lists at colorremedies.com
Fri Mar 20 20:18:56 UTC 2015

On Fri, Mar 20, 2015 at 1:51 PM, drago01 <drago01 at gmail.com> wrote:
> On Fri, Mar 20, 2015 at 8:36 PM, Chris Murphy <lists at colorremedies.com> wrote:
>> On Fri, Mar 20, 2015 at 11:58 AM, drago01 <drago01 at gmail.com> wrote:
>>> That is not the only issue.
>>> If grub itself gets updated and you run grub2-mkconfig the generated
>>> config file might cause issues with the grub that is actually
>>> installed on disk (we do not reinstall grub on updates).
>>
>> On UEFI it is.
>
> OK, so what we do with old BIOS machines or ones for whatever reason using CSM?

Like you said. The grub package might get updated, but the installed
bootloader (the core.img) remains the same. On UEFI, a new grub2-efi
package means the grubx64.efi in EFI/fedora is replaced.

> Just use grubby for those?

I'm not quite following the question. Grubby always gets used in any
case. And the same Btrfs subvolume bug happens on either UEFI or BIOS.

--
Chris Murphy