Regarding GSoC project - AskFedora UX/UI & Functionality Overhaul

Kalpani Anuradha anuradha.12 at cse.mrt.ac.lk
Sun Mar 22 15:57:56 UTC 2015

Hello,

I'm Anuradha Welivita from University of Moratuwa, Sri Lanka. I am very much
into UX/UI related stuff and hence really look forward in contributing towards
this project.

While searching for a UX/UI related project for me to contribute in GSoC 2015,
I came intact with the project idea "AskFedora UX/UI & Functionality Overhaul".
By looking at the mock ups provided I was more than happy to commit myself
in developing the design idea for Ask Fedora.

But I am quite new to FOSS development and Fedora. I have created my FAS User
account and I am interested in joining the Design Team of Fedora as well.

An Openshift instance has been set up for this.

As a 1st step I cloned the source for testing from (
https://github.com/fedoradesign/askbot-test). I also installed the
OpenShift rhc Client Tools and learned to create a new Python web project
using that.

In the source for testing in Git, it says "After pulling this repository a
few steps must be taken so the database is migrated and static files are
generated". I need to know what are these steps so that I can start
being familiarized with the code and modify it.

Thank you
Anuradha Welivita