systemd and dmcrypt/luks question

Eric Smith spacewar at gmail.com
Mon Mar 23 09:31:28 UTC 2015

On Sun, Mar 22, 2015 at 11:17 PM, Zbigniew Jędrzejewski-Szmek
<zbyszek at in.waw.pl> wrote:
> zfs-import-cache.service has After=cryptsetup.target, and
> zfs-mount.service has After=zfs-import-cache.service, so the ordering should be there.

Interesting, I didn't notice that the scripts in github already had
the "After=cryptsetup.target" added. I'm using zfsonlinux release
0.6.3, which didn't have those lines (added 26-jul-2014 to the repo),
and spent the better part of a day trying to figure out what to add,
and winding up with "Wants=cryptsetup.target" and
"After=cryptsetup.target" which I added to my local copies.

> Can you verify with 'systemctl show -p
> Before,After,Wants,Requires,
> WantedBy,RequiredBy ...' that the dependencies are there
> as expected?

# systemctl show -p Before,After,Wants,Requires,WantedBy,RequiredBy
zfs-import-cache
Requires=systemd-udev-settle.service
Wants=cryptsetup.target
RequiredBy=
WantedBy=zfs-mount.service
Before=zed.service zfs-mount.service
After=systemd-udev-settle.service cryptsetup.target systemd-journald.socket

I need to set up a second machine or a VM to experiment on, because I
don't want to keep rebooting the production one.