Vagrant group in comps

Václav Pavlín vpavlin at redhat.com
Mon Mar 23 14:47:40 UTC 2015

On 2.3.2015 02:55, Josef Stribny wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> I would like to introduce a new @vagrant group that should pull in vagrant
> with vagrant-libvirt plugin (at the very least) since libvirt might be
> the preferred virtualization when used with Vagrant on Fedora and I would
> like to encourage users to use the packaged plugin.
>
> Also, we set libvirt as a default provider in the Fedora package and I think
> it would be nicer to recommend "install Vagrant group" instead of
> "install vagrant-libvirt package".
>
> What do you think? Is it reasonable or unnecessary?
>
> (Btw. this is connected with the new Fedora 22 Vagrant feature[0])
>
> Regards
> Josef
>
> [0] https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Changes/Vagrant

I think it' a great idea. The only problem I see atm is a String Freeze
[1] which was at 2015-02-24.

I'd suggest to following the "Breaking the freeze" instructions in [1]
and going on with addition if it gets approved as users would definitely
benefit from this change.

[1]
https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Software_String_Freeze_Policy?rd=ReleaseEngineering/StringFreezePolicy

Regards,