[ppc] Default stack size on ppc64

Richard W.M. Jones rjones at redhat.com
Wed Mar 25 19:45:36 UTC 2015

On Wed, Mar 25, 2015 at 06:30:25PM +0000, David Woodhouse wrote:
> If the compiler is single-threaded, and increasing the stack ulimit
> fixes the problem, that implies that the default stack ulimit is less
> than the 8MiB-64KiB that it takes to reach the guard page...

Just so I'm clear, is the stack supposed to grow down automatically
(ie. does the stack automatically use MAP_GROWSDOWN), or is OCaml
supposed to do something when the stack hits the guard page?

I guess it's also possible that an OCaml stack frame is so big that it
skips the guard page, or that GCC does some kind of stack "filling" to
trigger the guard page which OCaml does not do.

Rich.