Captive portal detection on wired connections - bug or feature?

Alexander Ploumistos alex.ploumistos at gmail.com
Thu Mar 26 02:15:30 UTC 2015

On Thu, Mar 26, 2015 at 4:06 AM, Adam Williamson <adamwill at fedoraproject.org
> wrote:

> Lots of people have been seeing it, it may be related to some issues
> with the Fedora infrastructure this afternoon (the check works by
> trying to contact a Fedora server).

That much I gathered, but when I first read about the captive portal
detection feature, I thought it was supposed to work only with wireless
connections, though I guess it would make sense to check with all
interfaces.

Can it be disabled for a particular interface/connection though? I am being
bombarded with pop-ups as I am trying to write this...