Minutes from Env-and-Stacks WG meeting (2015-03-26)

Honza Horak hhorak at redhat.com
Thu Mar 26 14:32:53 UTC 2015

#fedora-meeting-2: Env and Stacks (2015-03-26)

Meeting started by hhorak1 at 13:00:40 UTC. The full logs are available
at
http://meetbot.fedoraproject.org/fedora-meeting-2/2015-03-26/env-and-stacks.2015-03-26-13.00.log.html
.

Meeting summary
---------------
* LINK: http://docker-phracek.rhcloud.com/   (phracek, 13:07:55)
* LINK: http://vpavlin.eu/2015/02/fedora-docker-and-systemd/   (hhorak,
   13:13:10)
* LINK:
   https://lists.fedoraproject.org/pipermail/devel/2015-March/209093.html
   (hhorak, 13:20:51)
* LINK: https://sgallagh.fedorapeople.org/2015-03-24.080115-0400EDT.html
   (phracek, 13:35:36)
* ACTION: hhorak to ask copr developers them about what is the current
   status of dist-git for copr  (hhorak, 13:40:26)
* LINK: https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Changes/Playground_repository
   (hhorak, 14:07:12)
* LINK:

https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Env_and_Stacks/Playground_repository_%28draft%29
   (hhorak, 14:07:16)
* playground should be kind of "EPEL", for packages that are not or
   never will be in main fedora; for many conflicting repos, we already
   have copr itself -- so the "one big repo" seems to be the prefered way
   before the  (hhorak, 14:07:57)
* we'd also need to be able to let the packagers of to-be-merged repos
   know when they introduce a conflict (a tool that'd automatically
   detect rpm conflicts between the repos-to-be-merged)  (hhorak,
   14:07:57)
* ACTION: volunteer should write up some more concrete proposal with
   concrete user scenario  (hhorak, 14:07:57)
* LINK:

https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Env_and_Stacks/Projects/UserLevelPackageManagement
   (mstuchli, 14:09:57)
* LINK: https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/UserLevelPackageManagement-Python
   (mstuchli, 14:10:09)
* LINK:

https://bitbucket.org/hpk42/devpi/issue/198/whitelisting-packages-that-can-be-mirrored
   (mstuchli, 14:10:51)
* ACTION: everyone to look at
   https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/UserLevelPackageManagement-Python and
   propose improvements on ML or next meeting  (hhorak, 14:15:47)

Meeting ended at 14:20:09 UTC.

Action Items
------------
* hhorak to ask copr developers them about what is the current status of
   dist-git for copr
* volunteer should write up some more concrete proposal with concrete
   user scenario
* everyone to look at
   https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/UserLevelPackageManagement-Python and
   propose improvements on ML or next meeting

Action Items, by person
-----------------------
* hhorak
   * hhorak to ask copr developers them about what is the current status
     of dist-git for copr
* **UNASSIGNED**
   * volunteer should write up some more concrete proposal with concrete
     user scenario
   * everyone to look at
     https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/UserLevelPackageManagement-Python and
     propose improvements on ML or next meeting

People Present (lines said)
---------------------------
* hhorak (66)
* bkabrda (25)