Captive portal detection on wired connections - bug or feature?

Dan Williams dcbw at redhat.com
Thu Mar 26 17:50:52 UTC 2015

On Thu, 2015-03-26 at 18:29 +0200, Alexander Ploumistos wrote:
> On Thu, Mar 26, 2015 at 6:24 PM, Bastien Nocera <bnocera at redhat.com> wrote:
>
> > You can edit /etc/NetworkManager/conf.d/20-connectivity-fedora.conf to
> > disable it.
> >

> Is there a *proper* way to do that so that there aren't any conflicts with
> future updates, e.g. commenting the lines out, removing/renaming the file,
> setting the interval to 0, etc.?

As Adam implied, you can add your own, higher-numbered file with the
same options and NM will use those in preference to the Fedora-installed
one.  See 'man NetworkManager.conf' for specifics.

---
       If a default NetworkManager.conf is provided by your
distribution's packages, you should not modify it, since your changes
may get overwritten by
       package updates. Instead, you can add additional .conf files to
the conf.d directory. These will be read in order, with later files
overriding
       earlier ones.
---

Sorting of filenames is strcmp()-style, so 90-my-stuff.conf takes
precedence over 10-bad-stuff.conf.

Dan