A proposal for Fedora updates

Bojan Smojver bojan at rexursive.com
Thu Mar 26 23:15:16 UTC 2015

Corey Sheldon <sheldon.corey <at> gmail.com> writes:

> those ARE mirror list links the master mirror servers to be exact.

Really not a file distribution problem I'm trying to get at here. If you
check out these two URLs:

https://admin.fedoraproject.org/updates/FEDORA-2015-4457/kernel-3.19.2-201.fc21
https://admin.fedoraproject.org/updates/FEDORA-2015-4600/firefox-36.0.4-1.fc21

You will see what I'm talking about. It takes several days for RPMs to move
from pending to actual "something" status.

Mirrors being behind is a different issue completely. For instance, these URLs:

http://mirror.optus.net/fedora/linux/updates/21/x86_64/f/
http://mirror.optus.net/fedora/linux/updates/testing/21/x86_64/k/

Don't have current FF and kernel still, which is fine. I am not talking
about that at all.

--
Bojan