A proposal for Fedora updates

Bojan Smojver bojan at rexursive.com
Thu Mar 26 23:28:15 UTC 2015

Kevin Fenzi <kevin <at> scrye.com> writes:

> If you wish to test something before it's fully pushed to testing, you
> can download it directly from the buildsystem via the web interface,
> koji command line or bodhi client command line.

I am fully aware of that. I'm making a different point entirely here.

Imagine a regular Fedora user - the one that has no idea about koji. This
regular user wants to contribute by testing packages as they are built. This
user is willing to trust a lower quality key in his/her Software (or
whatever is the current fashion) manager to get the latest stuff, hot off
the presses.

And yet, such a user would have no idea new packages were available and
would have a hard time (relatively speaking) getting them. So, I'm
suggesting we create a "fastrack" for Fedora, so that more people can do
this and easier. It would be totally optional etc.

--
Bojan